The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a final rule that includes updates on policy changes for Medicare payments under the Physician Fee Schedule (PFS), and other Medicare Part B issues, on or after January 1, 2022.
Some key provisions in this final rule include:
- The CY 2022 PFS conversion factor is $33.59, a decrease of $1.30 from the CY 2021 PFS conversion factor of $34.89.
- Revises telehealth services under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (CAA); allows use of audio-only communications technology when furnishing mental health services in certain circumstances.
- Finalizes recent changes to Evaluation and Management (E/M) visit codes, such as policies for split (or shared) E/M visits, critical care services, and services furnished by teaching physicians.
- Modifies paymentfor therapy services furnished in whole or in part by a Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- Updates a payment regulation for Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) services.
- Finalizes considerations for vaccine administration services.
Source: U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
3Gen Consulting has always been in the forefront when it comes to adding value. We always believe in setting our own standards. What sets us apart is the investment that we make in our people, processes and innovation to provide you with market leading healthcare revenue cycle management services. We work as an extension of our clients’ teams by focusing on their key challenges, aligning with their culture and delivering the best results.
If you’re interested in finding the right medical billing and coding services partner, contact us today.