The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued a final rule that updates Medicare payment policies and rates for the Inpatient Psychiatric Facility (IPF) Prospective Payment System (PPS) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 and finalizes changes to the IPF Quality Reporting Program (QRP). 

IPFs will see an increase in the Medicare payment rate by 2.0% for FY 2022, which will result in a 0.1% overall increase to aggregate payments. Total payments to IPFs are estimated to increase by 2.1% ($80 million) relative to IPF payments in FY 2021. 

The final rule also includes changes to the IPF Quality Reporting Program and updates to the teaching policy. The IPF Quality Reporting Program will include several measures, such as:

  • COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage Among Healthcare Personnel (HCP) Measure
  • Follow-up After Psychiatric Hospitalization (FAPH) Measure
  • Timely Transmission of Transition Record (Discharges from an Inpatient Facility to Home/Self Care or any Other Site of Care) Measure
  • Alcohol Use Brief Intervention Provided or Offered and Alcohol Use Brief Intervention (SUB-2/2a) Measure/ Tobacco Use Treatment Provided or Offered and Tobacco Use Treatment (TOB-2/2a) Measure
  • Transition to Patient-Level Reporting for Chart-Abstracted Measures
  • Closing the Health Equity Gap – RFI
  • Patient Experience of Care, Functional Outcomes, and Digital Measures – RFI
  • Data Validation Pilot Program – RFI

Source: U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)

 

About 3Gen

3Gen Consulting has always been in the forefront when it comes to adding value. We always believe in setting our own standards. What sets us apart is the investment that we make in our people, processes and innovation to provide you with market leading healthcare revenue cycle management services. We work as an extension of our clients’ teams by focusing on their key challenges, aligning with their culture and delivering the best results.

If you’re interested in finding the right medical billing and coding services partner, contact us today.

Get In Touch!
close slider

    Get In Touch!