On February 11, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized the emergency use of the monoclonal antibody bebtelovimab for the treatment of mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adult and pediatric patients when all of these apply:
- They have a positive COVID-19 test result
- They’re at high-risk for progression to severe COVID-19
- Alternative COVID-19 treatment options approved or authorized by the FDA aren’t accessible or clinically appropriate for them
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) created new codes, effective February 11:
- Q0222: Injection, bebtelovimab, 175 mg
- M0222: Intravenous injection, bebtelovimab, includes injection and post administration monitoring
- M0223: Intravenous injection, bebtelovimab, includes injection and post administration monitoring in the home or residence; this includes a beneficiary’s home that has been made provider-based to the hospital during the Covid-19 public health emergency
Source: U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
3Gen Consulting has always been in the forefront when it comes to adding value. We always believe in setting our own standards. What sets us apart is the investment that we make in our people, processes and innovation to provide you with market leading healthcare revenue cycle management services. We work as an extension of our clients’ teams by focusing on their key challenges, aligning with their culture and delivering the best results.
If you’re interested in finding the right medical billing and coding services partner, contact us today.